4 people are interested
Do you enjoy working with older adults? Come to be a peer leader
ORGANIZATION: Salt Lake County Aging Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The peer-leader helps older adults manage chronic health conditions t stay healthy, and remain active; enjoying social activities. As the leader of the program, you will encourage older adults start taking small steps towards improving their health.
- Deliver the program as set in the leader manual
- Keep all participants identity and contact information confidential
- Prepare all materials at least two days before teaching a workshop series
- Basic use of computer
- Discuss any problems with the program coordinator
- Keep track of the require paperwork for the class
- Have reliable transportation
- Arrive 15-30 minutes before each workshop
- Be a positive role model
- Respect each other and the diversity of the participants
Support: A four-day training for this position will be provided. In addition, Salt Lake County training for all new volunteers, and quarterly training. Leader manual and other materials will be provided. The program coordinator is also available for questions and assistance.
Benefits: Your life will be enriched by knowing that you use your knowledge and skills needed to help older adults to manage their chronic conditions to remain independent and living at home. This position will also help you in your own personal goals and stay motivated to improve your health. It will also give you experience that will be useful when looking for employment or to start a new career as you will be a volunteer with the Salt Lake County.
About Salt Lake County Aging Services
2100 S. State Steeet Suite S1500, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, US
Aging Services’ mission is to promote the independence of aging generations through advocacy, engagement and access to resources.
If you or someone you know needs help, or wants to help - contact us today!
As the largest Area Agency on Aging (AAA) in Utah, Salt Lake County Aging Services is the community focal-point for older adults, their families and caregivers; providing a comprehensive system of services that promote the health and wellbeing of older adults while supporting and assisting seniors who need help to remain independent.
There is no such thing as a 'typical’ older person. Their situations and their lives are very diverse. While many seniors are healthy and active, remaining in the workforce, volunteering in their communities or enjoying their friends and families, others are frail and struggle to remain independent. Aging Services is the recognized community leader for aging needs, options and opportunities. WE CAN HELP!
2001 South State StreetSalt Lake City, UT 84114
July 31, 2023
- General Education
- Customer Service
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- One day per week (M, Tue, Wed, Thu or F) for 2 ½ hrs. each day, for 6 weeks, for a minimum of one year.
- Possess life experience, shows empathy for others, lives with a chronic condition, posses good listening skills and be non-judgmental, be dependable and consistent, must be literate, ability to lead entire workshop (6 sessions, each 2.5 hours in leng