Expand your Network While Supporting Small Businesses
ORGANIZATION: Pacific Community Ventures
Please visit the new page to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT AS A PCV BUSINESS ADVISOR
Small businesses are the heart and soul of our communities. Cost-free access to mentorship and business advising is a powerful tool to optimize the success of any small business. This is where YOU come in.
PCV’s award-winning Pro-Bono Business Advising program facilitates impactful mentorships between Small Business Owners and advisors like you, who have unique and hard-earned skills in digital marketing, HR, finance, banking and business management among other crucial tools and resources that are the foundation for turning any dream into a working, thriving reality.
By applying to be a Pro-Bono Advisor with our Business Advising program, you will not only partner with Small Business Owners to elevate their work, but you will also:
- Join a network of over 2,000 Business Advisors who have helped small business owners grow their revenues by 20% on average and create jobs at ten-times the national rate.
- Have access to free webinars and workshops that can enhance your skills and knowledge base in a subject matter of your choosing.
- Take your current skills to the next level by learning how to coach businesses in what you know best. Mentorship is a coveted skill and can help you widen your network, jump-start your own entrepreneurial dreams, and expedite your growth as a leader in your field.
- Give back to the people who help our communities thrive. Our advisors have some of the most gratifying experiences as they witness small business owners blossom, tackle obstacles, and maximize the overall success of their businesses.
While experience starting or running your own business is preferred, your expertise and guidance in your field is equally as valuable to many new and emerging small business owners. Either way, our amazing team of Relationship Managers will match you with the right small business that can best benefit from your skills. As you continue to work with our clients, you will have more opportunities to network with fellow advisors, paid opportunities to coach fellow advisors, and more.
When small businesses thrive, our entire economy thrives. At PCV we are committed to supporting you and the small businesses we both care about, for the long run!
About Pacific Community Ventures
1700 Broadway, Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94612, US
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a through a "Good Jobs, Good Business" model that combines affordable loans with pro-bono advising, tools and incentives to create quality jobs, our national BusinessAdvising.org mentoring platform, and social impact evaluation and field building research.
Building a successful small business involves overcoming many challenges, and it’s even harder if you’re new to the country or don’t have money from your family to help you get started. We give entrepreneurs hope by helping them knock down structural barriers and arming them with resources, advising, and investment. Pacific Community Ventures has two primary programs that strengthen small businesses located in and/or hiring from underinvested areas.
Our Business Advising program connects small business owners with expert advisors who help them meet their challenge and seize new opportunities. We put volunteerism to work for local communities by managing a national network of seasoned entrepreneurs, skilled professionals, and senior leaders from major banks, consulting firms, and bigger companies who want to use their hard-earned business knowhow to create more opportunity in our communities. Pacific Community Ventures leverages technology to provide small business owners with high-quality mentoring, at no cost. All advice is completely free and completely confidential. Companies working with our mentors increase their annual revenue by 20% on average. Our platform also removes location as a barrier, so wherever you are in America, we’ll find the best advisor to help your company grow.
Greater San JoseSan Jose, CA 95136
March 15, 2022
- Financial Literacy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Human Resources Strategy
- Cost Analysis
- People 55+
- 3-5 Hours per Month (On your own time)