DIV:DCS -Division Compliance Advisor Associate (Pacific)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Divisional Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) department. The purpose of this position is to support the division in ensuring compliance with programmatic guidelines and mitigating against fraud through the monitoring of financial assistance and detailed review of cases.
Note: Compliance Reviewers must have no other functional role in the division, region or territory and may not perform casework or casework supervisor tasks in the region.
1. Supports the Divisional compliance team and oversees compliance reviewers.
2. Supports regions as backup for absent compliance reviewers and when DROs overwhelm regions
3. Escalates cases of concern for further escalation following program guidance.
4. Monitors patterns and trends for areas of risk or needed improvements.
5. Provides feedback to the regional recovery teams and Regional Disaster Officers for continuous improvement.
6. Serve as the primary regional representative (or assign designee) on Division Disaster Readiness Workgroups.
1. Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.
2. Orientation towards data management or finance and interested in supporting the delivery of services to clients affected by disaster and ensuring standardized direct client assistance.
3. Comfortable using various Microsoft applications including Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
4. Ability to be flexible and make decisions even when there is ambiguity.
5. Critical thinker and detail oriented
6. Ability to analyze trends and spot irregularities.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 13, 2022
- Financial Auditing
- Estimated average 5 -10 hours per week total. Hours are flexible but must be available to review cases within 24 -48 hours of case initiation. Some availability in the afternoons Pacific time required for team meetings.