Join SCORE to expand your network of professionals
ORGANIZATION: SCORE West-Central North Dakota
Please visit the new page to apply.
Join SCORE West Central North Dakota and share your knowledge, skills and talents with other professionals in the Minot area. Our Chapter has merged with Bismarck/Mandan as of October 1, 2021. We meed the second Monday of each month at 9 am, with zoom participation always available.
SCORE is a great opportunity to meet interesting people. We are a member of our local Chamber of Commerce and members are invited to participate in chamber activities during the year.
Volunteer Status requires a 90 minute on line training and access to the SCORE volunteer website.
Mentor Status and National Certification requires 3-4 hours of on line training, sitting in on a minimum of three mentoring sessions, and time commitment of 3 to 5 hours weekly interaction with clients.
SCORE is open to individuals of all ages. Some of the roles that a SCORE volunteer may assume are as follows:
- Chapter Administrator (everything is on line)
- Event Coordinator
- Onboarding Coach
- Marketing and Comunications
- Membership Recruiter
- Finance and Budgeting
- Funding and Community Relationships
8 More opportunities with SCORE West-Central North Dakota
About SCORE West-Central North Dakota
1200 Memorial Hwy/PO BOX 5509, Bismarck, ND 58506, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
1925 South BroadwaySuite 2Minot, ND 58701
January 10, 2023
- Business Planning
- Administrative Support
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer orientation 90 minutes and monthly 1 hour meeting. Mentor orientation 3.5 hours, mentoring sessions as accepted run around an hours and then require prep time.
- Mentors need to have experiences to share with those who are just learning. Good listenng skills are required in order to gather enough information to move to next steps with the client. SCORE Mentoring Methodology is used by our mentors.