3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Western Museum of Mining & Industry
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
A volunteer videographer is needed to film and edit the museum's 9-10 monthly Speakers' Bureau Lecture Series so that they may be posted on the museum's website. Lectures are scheduled at 4pm the second Tuesday of the month in the museum's library and last approximately one hour. This is a great opportunity to increase your skills and gain valuable experience for a resume!
The following skills are preferred:
- Education in media/communications arts or equivalent field
- Organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or the instructions of museum curator and marketing coordinator.
- Must provide their own video and editing equipment
- Electronic aptitude for video and audio equipment and thorough knowledge of principles and practices used in video production and editing
- Familiarity with computer applications software
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
About Western Museum of Mining & Industry
225 North Gate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80912, US
Established in 1970, the Western Museum of Mining and Industry (WMMI) is a private nonprofit, 501(c) 3 whose mission is to preserve, collect and interpret the rich mining history and related industries of Colorado and the American West.
Unique to WMMI is the actual operation of its carefully restored multi-ton steam engines and mining machines. The emphasis of the museum's collections is on the technology and technological history of mining and metallurgy, as well as the social history of the American West. Over 4,000 artifacts are on display at the 27-acre indoor/outdoor exhibit site, which includes a working hoist house; mine blacksmith shop; ten stamp mill; and multi-purpose center with exhibits, theater and a 13,000 volume research library. WMMI has been accredited by the American Association of Museums (one of only three Colorado Springs museums to hold this honor) since 1979, and is the only accredited mining museum in the western United States.
225 North Gate BlvdColorado Springs, CO 80921
May 17, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Video Production
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per month
- Video/editing skills and video/editing equipment