DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Kitsap County Community Educator
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences.
*Please note due to COVID-19 some restrictions are in place at this time. Please talk with your Alzheimer's Association staff partner to discuss the restrictions and requirements in place for safety.
- Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
- Community Educators commit to delivering a target of 12 presentations annually, about 1.5hrs per presentation.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
The Alzheimer's Association will provide training, information and electronic or printed materials to assist in your efforts. Orientation includes several hours of online learning, self-study and shadowing or mentoring by local Alzheimer's Association staff and volunteers. Some materials are available in multiple languages.
Interested in learning more? Contact Maggie Christofferson, 206-529-3884 email@example.com.
About the Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s. For more information, visit www.alz.org.
About Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
19031 33rd ave W, Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Serving 47 counties in Washington and North Idaho, the Alzheimer’s Association Washington State Chapter is the premier resource in the Pacific Northwest for people impacted by Alzheimer's disease and all other dementia. Through five local offices and a network of dedicated volunteers, our Chapter offers a broad range of care and support services, education and advocacy, as well as funding for Alzheimer’s and dementia research.
Multiple locations Gig Harbor, WA 98332
April 29, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 12 months