We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
USDA Forest Service has 261 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Pocket Campground Host
ORGANIZATION: USDA Forest Service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Duties: The Pocket campground host is responsible for performing the following duties at both the Pocket campground, and the associated Pocket Day Use area:
· Greeting and assisting campers/visitors with information needs
· Providing information regarding the rules and regulations of the area
· Patrolling the area to OBSERVE compliance with regulations. Issues of non-compliance will be reported to the district’s recreation technician or LEO for further action.
· Checking and cleaning restrooms: replenishing paper supplies, cleaning toilets and sinks as needed, and sweeping.
· Checking bearproof trash can receptacles and changing out bags as needed.
· Reporting any plumbing issues: Occasional emergency plumbing tasks, such as unplugging a toilet, or shutting off water lines may be required if USFS personnel are not available on a timely basis.
· Assisting recreation technician with grass mowing and weed trimming activities as needed.
Start Date - 2022-07-07
End Date - 2022-08-31
Activities include: Campground/Site Host;Trail/Campground Maintenance;Visitor Information
Hosts Housing Amenities: Cabins
About USDA Forest Service
1400 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20250, US
The USDA Forest Service's mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation's forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.
The United States Forest Service (USFS) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture that administers the nation’s 154 national forests and 20 national grasslands, spanning 193 million acres of land.
Chatsworth, GA 30705
January 25, 2022
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation
- People 55+