4 people are interested
Do you love to walk? be a leader for the Walk with Ease program
ORGANIZATION: Salt Lake County Aging Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Purpose: Without a volunteer to facilitate our Arthritis Foundation Walk with Ease Program leader, older adults in the community miss out on participating in a walking program that is designed to help keep them active which helps with maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Location: The Walk with Ease Leader will facilitate at senior centers located in the Salt Lake County area
- Conduct all 18 class sessions in accordance with the Leader’s Guide without making changes, additions, or deletions
- Sign a statement of Understanding to document this commitment
- Commit to following all Arthritis Foundation program policies regarding the Walk with Ease program
- Establish and enforce participant guidelines and monitor safety
- Engage older adults during each session to ensure empathy toward people with arthritis and related diseases
- Contact registered participants by email or telephone call before the first session to remind them of the upcoming program
- Take attendance during each session
- Have all participants complete a release form on the first day they participate in the program
- Distribute Walk with Ease books to each participant that is registered
- Contact participants that miss a session by email or telephone call
- Communicate problems, concerns, questions or suggestions promptly to the Health Educator in the Health Promotion Department assigned
09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Shifts are for 1 1/2 hrs. between the hours of 9:00 am - 12:00 pm Monday to Friday. No weekends.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
3 More opportunities with Salt Lake County Aging Services
About Salt Lake County Aging Services
2100 S. State Steeet Suite S1500, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, US
Aging Services’ mission is to promote the independence of aging generations through advocacy, engagement and access to resources.
If you or someone you know needs help, or wants to help - contact us today!
As the largest Area Agency on Aging (AAA) in Utah, Salt Lake County Aging Services is the community focal-point for older adults, their families and caregivers; providing a comprehensive system of services that promote the health and wellbeing of older adults while supporting and assisting seniors who need help to remain independent.
There is no such thing as a 'typical’ older person. Their situations and their lives are very diverse. While many seniors are healthy and active, remaining in the workforce, volunteering in their communities or enjoying their friends and families, others are frail and struggle to remain independent. Aging Services is the recognized community leader for aging needs, options and opportunities. WE CAN HELP!
Multiple locations Salt Lake City, UT 84115
May 23, 2023
- Sports Coaching
- Customer Service
- Group Facilitation
- Adult Education
- Physical Education
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- • Online leader training (approximately 3-4 hours) • Preparation time (approximately 1-2 hours) • Class time (3 1-hour sessions per week for 6 weeks, approximately 18-20 hours) • Logistics time (approximately 2-4 hours per class series)
- Training will be provided to volunteers: o Successful completion of an Arthritis Foundation Walk with Ease Program Leader online training o Teaching one six-week Walk with Ease program class series within 6 months of completing Leader training