5 people are interested
Homework Center Helper
ORGANIZATION: Palmdale City Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Volunteer Homework Center Helper
The Palmdale City Library is currently recruiting for Volunteer Homework Center Helper for a six month pilot project. This position consists of helping students grades 4-8 understand and complete their homework in all subjects at one of three locations: Palmdale City Library, Oasis and Marie Kerr recreation centers. Note: Applicant must be available for at least one shift Monday-Thursday from 2:30-5pm.
A successful Volunteer Homework Center Helper will:
- Be proficient in English, Math, History, Science, etc.
- Have experience working with children in an academic or mentoring environment (preferred)
- Have a basic familiarity with computers as needed in helping students
- Have a friendly, patient manner with a diverse range of students of all backgrounds
- Be able to maintain boundaries and be discreet when coming in contact with sensitive and private information
- Have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Have flexibility to volunteer at one of three locations within Palmdale: Palmdale City Library, Oasis and Marie Kerr recreation centers
- Follow the Library's current policies regarding mask wearing and social distancing, which adheres to CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety
- Available one shift Monday - Thursday from 2:30-5pm
- Able to commit to three months or more of volunteering at Homework Center site
- Ability to pass a DOJ Livescan Background screening
- Works well with children
Residents wishing to join this dynamic team are invited to apply here. After submission, an email will be sent with a link to complete a volunteer application.
For additional information please call 661/267-5600.
Note: This is a volunteer position and as such volunteer is offering their services of their own free will without any expectation of compensation, benefits, or insurance of any kind. Palmdale City Library follows all CDC guidelines.
About Palmdale City Library
700 E. Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93550, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
700 E. Palmdale Blvd.Palmdale, CA 93550
January 24, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- General Education
- People Skills
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per week Monday-Thursday from 2:30-5pm. This is a six month pilot project, but could be extended.