20 people are interested
Feline medical volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
CATsNAP is looking for caring individuals to donate their talent and time for the medical care of our rescued animals. No medical experience is required -- we will provide all required training.
Although our volunteers come from different walks of life, and include teachers, attorneys, business owners, parents, students, a veterinarian, and business professionals, they all have one thing in common: the desire and passion to improve the relationship between people and pets. Please apply on our website, selecting "medical volunteer" in the appropriate section: https://www.catsnap.org/forms/form?formid=5784
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be comfortable with moderate physical activity, including but not limited to 2-4+ hours of continuous exercise, lifting up to 50 lbs, frequently bending down/standing up, etc.
- Must have some level of practical experience with cats
- Provide food, water, litter, and a clean and appropriately enriching environment to cats in the Medical section of CATsNAP Headquarters
- Administer medications as needed for any cats in CATsNAP HQ
- Monitor the general health and well being of cats in CATsNAP HQ
- Basic notes taking and posting on group team.
** Note that, while CATsNAP is a Trap, Neuter, and Return program, spay/neuter surgeries are outsourced to local veterinary clinics/shelters and our Medical Team is not directly involved with or expected to assist in any surgical procedures
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CHAMPAIGN AREA TRAP SPAY NEUTER AND ADOPTION PROGRAM - CATSNAP
1713 S STATE, CHAMPAIGN, IL 61820, US
Established in 2005, CATsNAP seeks to reduce pet overpopulation and to improve the welfare of animals in the greater Champaign County Illinois area. Specifically, we strongly advocate that all animals are spayed and neutered, regardless of breed, sex, or age. By spaying/neutering, we are reducing the number of cats and dogs born into situations of inadequate care and abuse. We are also limiting the numbers of unwanted animals relinquished to shelters, where they are often euthanized for lack of space. CATsNAP does not endorse the buying of domestic animals from large-scale commercial breeders or from any of the outlets they supply.
- Over 1200 cats helped in 2018
- Over 1400 cats helped in 2019
- Referral for a low income spay/neuter service.
- Adopts out cats
- Provides educational materials to promote successful pet ownership
- Assists feral cat caretakers with spay/neuter information and resources
- Limited intake from high kill shelters, strays, Animal Control and other various places. Seldom takes owner relinquishment. Those animals are referred to Champaign County Humane Society (217) 344-7297 which does an excellent job of placing animals from Champaign County
- All animals are in foster homes or at our building. Animals are never euthanized for space.
1713 South State StreetChampaign, IL 61820
September 15, 2023
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 or more hours/week