Renewable Energy Projects Supervisor
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are currently looking to hire a Renewable Energy Projects Supervisor to be based in our headquarters in Lobitos, northern Peru. They will help design, develop and implement our renewable energy projects portfolio within the communities in which we operate in, working with and supervising our volunteer interns. The Renewable Energy Projects Supervisor must serve as a positive and enthusiastic role model in order to create a healthy and positive dynamic within the EcoSwell house and other work environments.
Benefits of working at EcoSwell:
- Live and work in a surfing paradise in northern Peru, the land of endless summer (Lobitos, Peru)
- Food and board provided, on top of the monthly salary
- Enhance your CV and gain professional hands-on experience in the development sector
- Have a real impact on people’s lives
- 25 business days annual leave (holidays)
- Learn from our educational seminars given by our Directors on topics including but not limited to: international development, NGO/social enterprise creation and management, renewable energy, ecosystem restoration, field research techniques, and more.
- Work with EcoSwell Director to continuously refine the strategic goals of our renewable energy projects.
- Keep an accurate account of all active and future EcoSwell renewable energy projects.
- Report weekly to EcoSwell Director on progress made.
- Plan tasks and next steps for each project.
- Lead a team of volunteer interns in Lobitos to ensure projects are progressing.
- Manage proper reporting and budgeting of projects.
- Liaising with project sponsors, suppliers and community partners and members during project implementation.
- Ensuring volunteer interns are abiding by safety protocols and procedures.
- Proposing improvements to designs, projects and processes.
- Ensuring the creation of marketing content of our renewable energy projects.
- Role duration: One year with the possibility to extend. Full time.
- Accommodation in the EcoSwell house and all meals are included as a benefit with the position
- Start date: 2022
- Holidays: 15 business days plus a Christmas break from the 16th December 2022 - 2nd January 2023 (10 business days). This adds to 25 business days of vacation time.
- Salary: S/. 930 PEN (Peruvian soles) per month.
- Good English and Spanish.
- Strong written and oral English and Spanish.
- Surf lessons with local instructors in Lobitos. Alternatively, you can rent one of our EcoSwell surfboards and head out to the waves yourself
- Yoga classes
- Swimming with turtles
- Fishing, sea-lion, and whale watching trips with local fishermen
- Trekking and birdwatching in the native Dry Forest ecosystem
- Eat traditional Peruvian food at local restaurants
- Visits to other nearby beaches and towns within hours of Lobitos to explore more Peruvian landscapes, culture & history
Villa de Oficiales 270, Barrio Centro, Lobitos, Piura 20820, PE
Our mission is to design and develop socio-environmental, educational and infrastructure projects with the purpose of guiding the development of semi-rural localities in the north of Peru through the path of a sustainable development, increasing the quality of life of their inhabitants.
We are a surfing-inspired NGO operating in Lobitos, a small town on the northern coast of Peru. EcoSwell was established in 2013 by a multidisciplinary team of young professionals who have a passion for the development and well-being of Peru's vulnerable population and ecosystems. Since then, EcoSwell has positively impacted entire communities through immersive, bottom-up projects with the valued help of international volunteers, sponsors and the local people. Not only have we designed and built sustainable engineering solutions such as dry toilets, a solar distiller and irrigation systems, but we have also contributed to the empowerment of women and their families through educational programmes and workshops. We aspire to continue working closely with local communities to keep growing and expanding our impact across poorer parts of the region.
We are currently working on a diverse range of projects which we consistently need volunteer help with. The internships that we offer include:
- Eco Tourism
- Sanitation Initiatives and Waste Management
- Renewable Energy
- Surfonomics/World Surfer Reserve Research
- Medical Electives
EcoSwellVilla de Oficiales 270Barrio Centro 20820Lobitos, Piura Peru
April 4, 2022
- System Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Permanent position