Teach English and more on the beautiful coast of Careyes, Mexico!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: ?! Careyes Foundation
The Careyes Foundation is seeking motivated individuals to serve as English teachers in rural elementary schools. We serve twelve schools in the beautiful Costalegre region, located along the Pacific coast of Jalisco, Mexico. Our Children's English Program reaches around 1,000 first through sixth-grade students each year, using a new methodology and curriculum specifically developed to meet the needs of the rural population that we serve.
Please visit www.careyesfoundation.org for more information about all of our programs and the communities we serve. The Careyes Foundation is a USA 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
In addition to teaching, team members also help facilitate our community programs, including movie nights, bike rides, ecology education field trips, our music school, and art workshops. Depending on individual interest and expertise, team members may also support various administrative aspects of our non-profit organization (such as fundraising and grant writing) and/or help develop and coordinate new programs.
If you are interested in teaching and learning from children, helping develop an innovative educational process, and making an impact in rural communities, we want to hear from you!
We have two positions open for the upcoming spring semester. Applicants must be available from mid-Februrary through July 31, 2022. For the right person, this will turn into a long-term position. We are looking for individuals who can specialize in one or more of the following areas:
- Educational program development
- Ecology education
- Wellness programming
- Fundraising & grant writing
- Administrative support
- Fluent in English (native speakers preferred) and able to speak Spanish with conversational fluency
- Experience working with children (previous teaching experience a plus)
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Valid driver's license
- Monthly stipend starting at 8,000 MXN (depending on experience)
- Full access to the local state-of-the-art medical clinic as well as medical insurance
- Initial training and ongoing support
- Assistance in finding local housing
- Use of a shared vehicle for work and personal use; however, if you use your own vehicle, you will receive an additional monthly stipend of 1,000 MXN
- Gasoline (weekly allowance)
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only consider complete applications. If you do not receive a response within three days, please review the requirements and resubmit your application with all of the necessary elements.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Plaza de los Caballeros del SolKm. 53.5 Carr. Pto. Vallarta - MelaqueCareyes, 48894Mexico
January 21, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME