DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Mystic Valley Elder Services, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Volunteer Position: Ensure Deliverer
Purpose: Assist Nutrition Department with monthly delivery of additional supplements to elders and adults living with disabilities.
Responsibilities: Essential functions are listed below. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
Picks up and delivers goods from Mystic Valley Elder Services (MVES) office. Deliveries are based on the daily route sheet that is provided each morning.
Delivers to multiple residences, which may require climbing steps to and from consumers’ front door.
Destroys route sheet at the end of the day per HIPAA guidelines.
Reports consumers who do not answer for their meal deliveries, returning the undelivered supplies to the office.
- Typically two to three (2-3) hours per day, one to three (1-3) days per month
- Beginning of each month, 9:00 AM - 12 Noon
- On call for driving needs
- Volunteers are added to a distribution list and will receive an email with available shifts. Volunteers are not required to say "yes" to each available shift-only as they are available.
- A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle suitable for delivery use
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. and climb stairs
- Ability to read maps and follow a route
- Ability to relate to older people and adults with disabilities
- Understand a color-coded system
- Must be punctual, honest, and dependable.
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age at the time they volunteer.
Location: Pick Up at MVES Office - 300 Commercial Street #19, Malden
- Anyone who handles food must wear gloves and a mask.
- For safety reasons no flip flops, sandals, or open-toed shoes are allowed.
- MVES and its meal sites may be closed in the event of severe weather. Volunteers may refer to the Volunteer Handbook for detailed information.
The Mission of Mystic Valley Elder Services is to support the right of elders and adults with disabilities to live independently with dignity in a setting of their choice by providing them and caregivers with information, advice, and access to quality services and resources.
6 More opportunities with Mystic Valley Elder Services, Inc.1 Review
About Mystic Valley Elder Services, Inc.
300 Commercial St, #19, Malden, MA 02148, US
Mystic Valley Elder Services (MVES) is a non-profit agency that provides essential home- and community-based care and resources such as assistance with personal care, household chores, meals, and transportation to more than 20,000 older adults, adults with disabilities, and caregivers living in 11 communities north of Boston. The communities include Chelsea, Everett, Malden, Medford, Melrose, North Reading, Reading, Revere, Stoneham, Wakefield and Winthrop.] The MVES Volunteer Program has the dual mission of engaging people in volunteer service to meet critical community needs while providing a high quality experience that will enrich their lives also.
MVES is a nonprofit organization that since 1975 has acted as an entry point through which elders, families, caregivers, and health care professionals can access a wide variety of programs, services, and supports. MVES is one of the largest in a network of 25 similar aging services organizations in Massachusetts. MVES promotes safe, independence for elders and adults living with disabilities in eleven cities and towns north of Boston.
Malden & Surrounding CommunitiesMalden, MA 02148
March 28, 2023
- Elder care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Typically two to three (2-3) hours per day, one to three (1-3) days per month Volunteers are added to a distribution list and will receive an email with available shifts.