Girls on the Run NYC Coach
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Girls on the Run NYC
Girls on the Run NYC (GOTR NYC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. You can make a positive impact in the lives of girls within our community as a community coach this Spring 2022. Coaches commit to their role for 10 weeks, leading a group of 8-20 girls for 75-90 minute practices twice a week with the help of a co-coach. Learn more by clicking here.
Coaching a Girls on the Run program is an incredibly rewarding way to get involved with Girls on the Run NYC. You get to experience the program first hand, feel a sense of accomplishment that you have made a difference in the lives of girls, and have a ton of fun with your team of Coaches and incredible participants. Coaching volunteer position that works with a team of Co-Coaches to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants.
Each site will have at least two Coaches present at every session. Coaches work closely with the program team and can expect to commit 3-5 hours per week. Additional time is required for communication with Girls on the Run NYC Staff, new coach trainings and meetings, and (if needed) First Aid & CPR training.
- Complete required online training modules
- Participate in required in-person National New Coach Training
- CPR & First Aid for Youth Certification (or show proof of certification in past 2 years)
- Attend a meeting with fellow coaches at site to begin to plan for season
- Prepare, organize, and supervise the weekly lessons
- Serve as a role model and mentor
- Coach program participants on proper stretching, running form, and hydration
- Attend optional (virtual) coaching events held during the season
- Interact with Site Liaison and parents of program participants
- Work with GOTR Office to return necessary paperwork
- Host a site-based end-of-season 5k with program participants and other volunteers
- A strong desire to work in the field of girl development
- Experience working with youth
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Flexible and can improvise when needed
- Recognize conflict and have the skills to help resolve it
- Successfully pass a background check
- First Aid/CPR for Youth Certification
- Believe and support the mission of Girls on the Run, and desire to inspire and motivate others to believe in the mission
*Must be available to consistently coach at least one session per week, and ideally both sessions per week (ex: every Monday or every Thursday)
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences:
- Has worked directly with girls ages 8-13 in a girl-positive environment
- Has volunteered in direct service organizations
- Has awareness of the common and different needs of girls
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
77 Sands Street6th FloorKings County, NY 11201
January 18, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK