Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
The Art Instructor will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history.
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting
- Understand a variety of "masters" techniques
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- May sponsor exhibits from outside the school
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or in self-selected professional growth activities
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after school program
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration
- One or Two years’ work experience as an Art Teacher preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 15 to 20 hours a week
Work Location: Multiple locations in New York City
Work Remotely: No
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
New York, NY 10027
January 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME