Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Operation Xcel
A tutor volunteer will assist in tutoring students, tutor assignments, working with teachers, students, parents, and prospective customers to ensure quality instruction and excellent customer satisfaction during the school year. During the 3 Steps Ahead summer program, the tutor will assist the math, reading and science specialists in the morning and plan and run enrichment activities or assist partner agency presenters with their program.
- Prepare supplemental materials
- Ensures quick and accurate use of curriculum and methodologies/strategies as outlined by specialists
- Recognizes issues/questions to bring to the specialist’s attention
- Organize teaching materials and supplies for students
- Collects data during teaching/tutoring
- Prepare and hand out afternoon snack
- Take children outside
- Assist vendors with children when they come to provide their services
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, and other staff on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to perform the following gross motor activities easily: bending over (e.g. to assist child with writing) and carrying (e.g. teaching materials, art supplies)
- Must be able to perform the following fine motor activities easily: Manipulation of teaching materials; assisting in children’s projects (e.g. cutting, gluing); writing data
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
9070 U.S. 158Stokesdale, NC 27357
January 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK