Please visit the new page to apply.
Job Description: The Fear 2 Freedom Programs Intern will work closely with the Director of Programs (DoP) to identify and contact potential schools and other organizations that would benefit from F2F’s educational programming. This position requires a commitment of 10-15 hours per week and comes with a $200 stipend. This position can be remote or in-person and comfortable with working fully virtual with the Director of Programs throughout the internship. SPRING 2022 Semester January 10 thru April 22, 2022.
Responsibilities/Main Projects Include:
- Research potential schools / organizations that would benefit from F2F programs
- Create persuasive, malleable call and email templates
- Persuade potential clients why and how F2F programming will benefit their community
- Help the DoP create promotional materials for F2F events
Applicable Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 1 year of experience in sales; experience with cold-calling preferred
- Coursework related to sales, marketing, rhetorical techniques, and/or persuasion preferred
- Experience with graphic design or marketing software (such as Canva) preferred
- Familiarity with nonprofit marketing strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of creativity and motivation
- Well organized, detail oriented, self-starter
Intern Educational Benefits-the Programs Intern will learn to:
- Write and speak clearly and persuasively in varied mediums for diverse audiences
- Use creativity and artistic expression for professional purposes
- Research sales and marketing best practices
- Use online software and platforms-such as Canva, Google Suite, etc.-for work purposes
- Multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to Chief Executive Officer Virginia Woodward at:
About Fear 2 Freedom
Our mission at F2F is to help restore hope and dignity to survivors of sexual assault while empowering students and communities to combat sexual violence.
Fear 2 Freedom Location
We are located at 12284 Warwick Blvd., Suite 2H, Newport News, VA 23606 in the Huffman and Huffman Building, directly across the street from CNU's Ferguson Center for the Arts.
About FEAR 2 FREEDOM INC
PO BOX 6104, NEWPORT NEWS, VA 23606, US
Founded in 2011, Fear 2 Freedom (F2F) is a 501(c)(3)non-profit. Our mission is to restore hope and dignity to survivors of sexual assault while empowering students and communities to combat sexual violence.
F2F provides students with innovative educational programs that are service-oriented in an effort to end sexual assault. These unique events teach students how to address sexual violence in their community openly and to support survivors through interactive activities.
Our signature Hour 2 Empower event allows students and community members to come together to assemble F2F AfterCare Kits and iCare Kits. Community partners, including organizations and universities, then distribute these thoughtfully packed kits to victims of sexual assault who endure the hospital PERK (physical evidence recovery kit) exam. To date, F2F has distributed more than 27,000 AfterCare and iCare Kits.
12284 Warwick Blvd., Ste 2HNewport News, VA 23606
January 14, 2022
- Sales Marketing
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- This position requires a commitment of at least 10-15 hours per week and comes with a $200 stipend.