Social Worker Internship
Please visit the new page to apply.
School Social Worker Internship:
I’RAISE aims to improve socio-emotional well-being and educational outcomes of youths ages 4 - 21 years old, and to work for the benefit of under-resourced communities and schools. To achieve this mission, we welcome passionate and enthusiastic individuals, such as yourself.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior
- Provide individual and/or group social work services for children whose emotional and/or behavioral difficulties interfere with their learning
- Complete bio-psycho-social assessments on assigned students and develop treatment plans for each student
- Track and monitor the students' progress by taking detailed progress notes
- Provide support to staff in reporting suspected cases of abuse and neglect to the Department of Children and Family Services
- Provide support to teachers and administrators: i.e., consultation, brief classroom interventions, observations, behavioral intervention plans
- Provide help to parents to help them become more effective participants in their children's education.
- Communicate and collaborate with school officials, including principal, guidance counselor, and school psychologists
- Provide information to parents and staff regarding programs and services for children with special needs
- Maintain records, forms, and reports as needed to comply with district, cooperative, state, and federal regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree or working towards a Master’s degree in Social Work
- Knowledge of DSM-IV, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques, clinical assessments, psychosocial, progress note
- Strong understanding of clinical supervision, and of the client population
- Excellent computer skills and attention to details
- Minimum of 2 years working with youth in a school setting
- Understanding of NYC resources, a plus
- Background checks requirements: Criminal, SEL, State Clearance, Fingerprints DOE, Sex Offender
- Will be required to work in-person at the assigned school site
- May be required to work at more than one school location
- Must also be fully vaccinated or have at least received the 1st of 2 shots at least 14 days prior to their start at the school.
Hours and commitment: 15 hours a week, Monday to Friday, for a minimum of 6 months
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Location : In-person only. Bronx, NYC or Brooklyn, NYCBenefit: Fieldwork credit and experience, boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, and receive valuable experience as a school social worker!
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I’RAISE Boys & Girls International Corporation is a non-profit organization. We aim to improve socio-emotional well-being and educational outcomes of youths ages 4 - 21 years old, and to work for the benefit of under-resourced communities and schools. Our mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth. In order to achieve this mission we welcome passionate, enthusiastic and committed individuals to help us provide services such as tutoring, mentoring, coaching, teaching, college prep, and performing arts.
We allow opportunities for growth and development, obtaining work experience through volunteering and educational internships, and employment opportunities:
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
- Internship - Generation-Z Program
3034White Plains RoadBronxBronx, NY 10467
January 14, 2022
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Case Work / Management
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours a week, Monday to Friday, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Master's Degree or working towards a Master’s degree in Social Work.