Advisory Board Committee
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Africa In Me
AF. IM is a registered non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of volunteers of all ages
and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve.
AF. IM is dedicated to serve and bring relief to the less fortunate families.
By providing life-saving food and clean water to drink, we are giving the poor a chance at a
better future, and showing them God’s love.
Here, you can build a volunteer experience where you make meaningful differences in the lives
of others as we fulfill our mission to feed the hungry, love, and serve.
Check out our website, follow us on LinkedIn, and like us on Facebook!
This board will consist of 5-7 members from the community from a diverse geography, sex, age, and race.
Responsibilities of the Advisory Board:
* Be familiar with AFIM mission, purpose, programs, and goals;
* Positively promote the work of the organization and advocate for its interests.
* Attend at least one board of directors quarterly meeting per year as an observer without voting rights.
* Make recommendations regarding programming or outreach as requested.
* Provide advice and support to the board of directors and executive director.
* Serve on a working committee if at all possible.
* Review agendas, minutes, and other documentation when distributed in order to stay familiar with the organization.
* Whenever possible, attend or volunteer at AFIM events, such as step challenges, fundraisers, etc.
* Sees the community from abroad, general perspective.
* Has good visioning, communications, and interpersonal skills.
* Is interested in the quality of life of the area.
* Has a record of participation in community activities and issues.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6655 Santa Barbara RoadElkridge, MD 21075
January 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK