Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Empower.Me Strong! Foundation
TREASURER: Board of Directors
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER POSITION
Serious applicants please!
Empower.Me Strong! is an early stage 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit celebrating women’s health and empowers women facing cancer as they return to optimal health and wellness. We assist women in accessing affordable complementary and integrative health services received from our network of independent care practitioners. We organize in-person and virtual events for the general public to raise awareness of better health options. Our Expressive Arts Runway Show for women healing from cancer provides a uniquely designed integrated program to nurture social connections, increase mindfulness and to share their healing stories within a supportive community. We are seeking a volunteer Board Treasurer who may hold one or more specializations below and willing to roll up their sleeves to level up the organization from early stage to full-time operations with 3 to 5 employees. In addition to the Treasurer duties, the Board member holds two primary responsibilities: 1) Raise funds in ways that are aligned with our strategic plan and financial projections and 2) be an ambassador for our mission. These are the areas where support is needed:
- Grant Writing + Management
- Marketing Strategy + Communications
- Online Engagement + Social Media Scheduler
- Web Developer + Technology + Salesforce Expert
- Volunteer Program + Recruitment
- Investment Opportunities for Nonprofits
Reports to: Board of Directors.
Board Term: 18-month term: An option to be elected to any number of consecutive 3-year terms after installment of full-time staff, upon Board approval only.
Summary of Duties + Responsibilities:
A detailed list will be provided to candidates advancing to a 3-year term.
General Board Duties
- Understand your personal 'WHY' and your desire to give-back.
- Participate in a 1-hour weekly Board Strategic Planning Meeting via zoom.
- Volunteer up to 8 hours per week: (may vary each week due to meetings.)
- Spend 2-4 hours per week networking or connecting the organizations to donors, sponsors or businesses.
- 4 hours per week engaged in operational tasks and projects.
- Take a Lead Management Role on any number of nonprofit activities as approved by the Board.
- Give, what is feasible to the Board member, a generous financial donation (minimum $10/month).
- Payment of a $40 on-boarding admin fee upon acceptance of the Board Role is required.
- Engage in a consistent conscious awareness practice, continually learning and personal growth.
- Experience complementary and integrative healthcare to maintain personal wellness.
- Continue learning about cancer's impact on women and the sensitivities of this group.
- Along with other Board of Directors, contribute in developing short-term and long-range strategic plans in their specialized area to support our revenue goals.
- Help to implement organizational efforts related to fundraising events by ensuring enough volunteer recruitment is met.
- Research potential local, regional and national funders and assist in relationship building.
- Utilize Salesforce NPSP, a comprehensive donor database that stores historical information, funder requirements, current and pending grants, reporting and other details.
Specific Treasurer Duties
- Maintain QuickBooks Online records.
- Ensure accurate and complete financial reporting and proper maintenance of financial records, information and tax returns.
- Serve as the Interim Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Foundation.
- Help in researching real estate acquisitions and investment products.
- Take a Lead Management Role on any number of nonprofit activities.
- Assist in developing our human resources and financial management policies.
Board Member Participation Expectations
We prefer local candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area. The position requires attendance at 4 Quarterly Board Meetings and 4 Quarterly Advisory Council Meetings, a total of 8 meetings per year. Mandatory in-person attendance at our Annual Board Retreat and ALL Fundraising Events. All other meetings are held via zoom.
Minimum Board Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-years background in finance, bookkeeping or accounting with at least 1-year of non-profit financial recording experience.
- Minimum 2-years of volunteer service for a single nonprofit, ideally one that is cancer-related.
- Minimum 2-years of Business Management or Leadership or Nonprofit Board experience.
- Experience with good financial management and reporting practices.
- Knowledge of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Minimum 2-years of experience with MS office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to be a systems thinker - see projects as part of the whole.
- Willingness to learn, contribute ideas and engage collaboratively with open communication.
- Comfortable making connections, networking, fundraising on behalf of the organization.
- Have established social network accounts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN, Twitter.
- Engage in a self-awareness practice, i.e. yoga, meditation, tai chi, expressive arts, etc.
- Be familiar or willing to explore the expressive arts and healing.
- Maintain overall personal health using Complementary and Integrative Health.
- Sensitive to the issues of women facing and healing from cancer.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM NonProfit Success Pack (preferred, but willing to train).
- Have earned a bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or similar (preferred).
Thank you for your interest!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Oakland, CA 94610
January 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK