DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Director of Development and Fundraising
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Job Description for AUM Director of Development and Fundraising
Position Title: Development and Fundraising
Length of Term: Two years
Reports To: Entire Board of Directors
The board of directors is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the organization. To that end it:
- Determines how the organization will carry out its mission through long and short-range planning
- Evaluates its performance and overall performance of the organization in achieving the mission
- Establishes policies for the effective management of the organization
- Develop and execute Arts Unity Movement’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Raiser's Edge and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Delegate development and fundraising tasks to volunteers
- Be familiar with the organization’s programs, policies, and operations
- Attend board meetings and appropriate committee meetings
- Actively serve on at least one committee and offer to take on special assignments
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings
- Make an annual contribution to the organization commensurate with ability
- Participate in fund raising activities and special events
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
Time Demands (approximate):
- Attend and actively participate in board meetings held quarterly and more often as needed.
- Fundraising time as needed
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-3 hours per month as determined by the committee)
- Attend special events such as fundraisers and NewGround shows
- Meet with potential donors/funders to make a case for funding the organization, answer questions, etc. (approx. 4 hours annually)
Financial and Resource Development Expectations:
- Make an annual gift "commensurate or significant according to your circumstance" to the organization (in order to achieve 100% board giving)
- Sell tickets to performances and fundraising events
- Identify and cultivate potential donors
About ARTS UNITY MOVEMENT
149 SOUTH BLVD, SAN MATEO, CA 94402, US
The purpose for which this corporation is organized is to produce and cultivate expressive arts events and activities for public viewing and participation, in an effort to awaken and heal the individual and to activate global concern and vision.
Arts Unity Movement (AUM) is a non- profit 501C3 #3370955. In April we celebrated our eighth year as a 501 C3. AUM’s mission is to access, explore, and uncover meaning and healing for the individual through expressive arts therapies and performing arts. This is done through our sponsorship of the New Ground Theatre Dance Company performances and by workshops involving the expressive and healing arts. AUM was founded upon the belief that art is a means for personal, social and global transformation.
Arts Unity Movement provides a variety of events, classes and workshops. that meet weekly or bi-weekly that run anywhere from three weeks to a full year. Participants come to AUM's facility to join a journey using the expressive arts to explore; visual arts, dancing, singing, drumming, or the healings arts to engage; yoga, meditation, ecstatic dance, Reiki, Discussion Groups and more. AUM's personnel include Board Certiﬁed Art and Movement Therapists and Certiﬁed Reiki Instructors. We provide services through BHRS to incarcerated youth, women in recovery and youth at risk. Our dance company NewGround Theatre Dance company, performs in our own black box theater as well as collaborating with other arts organizations such as Sangam Arts, San Jose State Dance Theater, Fringe Festival in Scotland, San Mateo Arts Commission, NDNU and many other.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 13, 2022
- Sales Marketing
- Capacity Planning
- Arts Administration
- Grant Writing / Research
- We are looking for someone who is interested in being an active member. We have a weekly operations meeting and monthly board gathering. We would like someone to guide the fundraising team.