Greet and Guide Blood Donors at Local Blood Drives - Norman Area
Please visit the new page to apply.
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation. This is a direct interaction with others. COVID-19 safety guidelines are upheld. Gloves and facemasks will be provided for all volunteers.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
- Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
About American Red Cross Serving Kansas and Oklahoma
10151 East 11th Street, Tulsa, OK 74128, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Local non-Profit offering several lines of service to local communities to provide life saving blood and blood products, disaster preparedenss, response and recovery, and serve our military through services to armed forces.
--NormanNorman, OK 73019
January 13, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training