1 person is interested
Photographer of shelter animals
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer Job Description: Animal Photographer
Summary & Organizational Impact: This volunteer will showcase their photography skills to support Norfolk Animal Care Center staff in their efforts to boost the adoptability of the shelter animals. Duties will include taking attention-grabbing photos of the animals, editing them to meet the organization’s management software parameters, and submitting them to staff in a timely manner. This is a volunteer position meaning there will be no payment for services, and NACC can save, edit, use for promotion, etc. per NACC’s needs.
Reports to: Animal Care Staff, Kennel Supervisors, and Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating proficiency in obtaining high-quality photographs of animals in motion and in varying lighting conditions.
- Communicating with the Volunteer Coordinator or Kennel Supervisor on shift about which animals need to be photographed.
- Editing photos to achieve the highest-quality, most appealing image as possible using the volunteer’s own editing program(s).
- Take, edit, and submit photos via email within 24-48 hours.
- Able to provide photos in a "7x5" format.
- Able to provide photos without watermarks on them.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have submitted a portfolio to the Volunteer Coordinator for position approval.
- Capable of safely handling the animals in and out of their kennels independently.
- Able to accept constructive feedback if provided by staff and can be trusted to apply corrective measures that staff have suggested.
- Must be creative! Ability to provide props and costumes is a plus.
Must have completed animal-handling training for dogs and/or Cats & small mammals.
11:00 AM to 05:00 AM
Shifts are every 2 hours from 11-5
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About The Norfolk Animal Care Center
5585 Sabre Road, Norfolk, VA 23502, US
Our commitment is to humanely care for stray, unwanted, sick, injured and abandoned animals in the City of Norfolk. It is our intention to provide services of superior quality and to be responsive to the changing needs of the community.
The Norfolk Animal Care Center is the municipal animal shelter for the city of Norfolk, Virginia. We accept stray and owner-relinquished animals, as well as animals that have been resuced by Animal Control due to neglect and/or abuse.
5585 Sabre RoadNorfolk, VA 23502
January 13, 2022
- Graphic Design / Print
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 18