Refugee Higher Education Advisor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is looking for a Higher Education Advisor to assist refugee clients in aligning their existing education with opportunities for further education or careers in the United States. Walk clients completely through the process of evaluating existing education, finding applicable US equivalents or alternatives, and advising through the process of beginning a career in America.
- Bilingual (Dari, Farsi, Persian, and/or Spanish preferred)
- Background in education, higher education, adult education or relevant field
- Basic computer/technology skills
- Knowledge of the US higher education system
- Knowledge regarding assembling resumes and applying for jobs
About Catholic Charities Atlanta
2401 Lake Park Drive, SE, Smyrna, GA 30080, US
To provide help and create hope for those in need through professional services that help eliminate barriers to self sufficiency, stabilize families, and transform lives.
Catholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services life skills education, counseling, family stabilization, and immigration legal services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness.
Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background.
2305 Parklake Drive NEBuilding 9, Suite 150Atlanta, GA 30345
January 13, 2022
- General Education
- Administrative Support
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours per week
- The volunteer must be willing to complete a volunteer application packet, a full background check, including a driving record check and a reference check. as well as a 3-hour in-person VIRTUS Safe Environment training, and applicable training by CCA