Welcome Attendant for Refugee Health and Social Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Alliance is looking for a volunteer to help in the Health and Social Services department as a Welcome Attendant. Volunteers will have the opportunity to develop their skills and be able to contribute to the work The Alliance does to empower refugees, immigrants, and underserved communities.
- Providing interpretation/translation services to refugee clients
- Calling client families to check on progress and needs
- Supporting clients and case managers in enrolling clients into public benefits and other critical resources
- Answering the door and phone
- Supporting clients in setting appointments when needed
- Supporting a welcoming atmosphere
- Fluent in Spanish to facilitate interpretation
- Must be able to work with diverse populations
- Must be able to communicate clearly
09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
02:00 PM to 04:45 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About The Alliance
6440 Hillcroft Suite 411, Houston, TX 77081, US
The Alliance's mission is to provide comprehensive services to refugees, immigrants and low-income residents of Harris County to help them become self-sufficient and improve their quality of life.
The Alliance is a community-based organization devoted to serving refugees, immigrants and low-income populations in Houston. The Alliance provides comprehensive services to assist clients in becoming economically self-sufficient and improve their quality of life. The Alliance also strives to ensure that newly-arrived Americans are integrated into the main stream community and understand American culture and traditions. Originally founded by Association of Cambodian, Ethiopian, Laotian and Vietnamese refugee community organizations, The Alliance has expanded to serve individuals of all nationalities and backgrounds. Today, The Alliance is one of the largest refugee resettlement agencies in Texas.
The Alliance’s staff members work hard to ensure that clients have the resources to become productive citizens as soon as possible. Through a culturally and linguistically competent approach, The Alliance’s 19 programs assist clients in accessing the following services and community resources: intensive ESL training, health/mental health services, Driver’s Education, vocational training, employment services, job readiness, and asset building. All services are aimed at addressing the barriers that refugees typically face, and strengthen the ability of an individual or family to maintain economic self-sufficiency, family stability and community integration. As a United Way agency, The Alliance is committed to strengthening and improving services that have an impact on the community.
6440 Hillcroft StreetHouston, TX 77081
January 13, 2022
- Office Reception
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are very flexible when it comes to meeting Volunteers needs when it comes to scheduling! Let us know what days and times you available.