DIV:SAF - SAF International Programs Division Lead (SEC)
Please visit the new page to apply.
In partnership with the Division SAF staff, the International Programs Division Lead volunteer oversees the Regional Volunteer Leads, helps monitor regional performance on metrics and develops a "best-practices" approach related to the International Programs. This position serves as a subject matter expert in RFL, IHL, and Youth Action Campaign programs and assists in setting strategies for the implementation of these programs within the division in collaboration with national and regional teams. S/he serves as a guiding source for Regional SAF staff and International Program Volunteer Leads in program development and implementation. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. * Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Serves as a liaison between the International Programs Regional Leads within the assigned division
- Serves as the subject matter expert in RFL, IHL, and Youth Action Campaign (YAC) programs for the division
- Consults with regions on matters related to International Programs implementation and helps identify best-practices and lessons learned
- Provides guidance for International Programs Regional Volunteer Leads on volunteer management
- Offers feedback to the Division SAF staff on regions’ performance, best-practices, challenges, and additional needs based on performance on metrics
- Works with the Division SAF staff to implement and evaluate strategies for effective program performance across regions
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (required)
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties in compliance with the Red Cross fundamental principles (required)
- Experience in managing and leading teams (required)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff partners, senior management, and other volunteers (required)
- Ability to work with diverse populations, in a culturally competent manner (required)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (required)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the RFL, IHL, and Youth Action Campaign programs; experience in performing RLF casework and/or outreach and the delivery of IHL content (strongly preferred)
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 13, 2022
- Program Management
- Minimum of 15 hours per week