DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
DIV:FD - Senior Business Analyst (Northeast)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
This position supports the Division (DIV) Fund Development (FD) department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The Red Cross seeks to grow the number of first-time donors giving at the six and seven figure level. Attracting such investment requires insight, analysis, and strategy. Senior Business Analysts are key volunteer partners in this effort. The Sr. Director New Business Development for the Northeast Division seeks to form a team of volunteer business analysts who will identify, source, and qualify potential investors. This group will also develop presentation materials for those potential investors while also supporting data management and key administrative functions. Analysts will not solicit gifts. They will take part in internal strategy sessions, source, and analyze business information and data related to prospects and projects. They will liaise with stakeholders in and out of the organization to secure information/insight needed to advance key asks and projects. This team will form a thought collective led by the Sr. Director. As a group they will create a multiplier effect, increasing productivity and revenue, which translates into greater mission delivery for Red Cross clients in need. This volunteer role is ideal for experienced business leaders, particularly those with planning, accounting, data science, legal, research, marketing, communications, or other advanced analytical skills. This volunteer role is for those who welcome an intellectual challenge, embrace change, know the value of persistence, can push though ambiguity, and accept delayed reward.Key Responsibilities
Assignments will vary based on skill, interest level and time commitment. Examples of the types of assignments include:
- Together with others, brainstorm business growth/relationship cultivation strategies. Identify and source information and internal stakeholders/support needed to advance those objectives. Develop an engagement plan. Prepare case materials, manage internal/donor communications and key follow-ups with all stakeholders.
- Research prospective investors. Learn more about Red Cross programs, emerging strategies, and key campaigns. Recommend business growth strategies and specific account asks/action items, etc.
- Attend and document strategy conversations/internal prep calls with Red Cross leadership, subject-matter experts, and other influencers. Conduct independent research and liaise with stakeholders/influencers. Collect and record key information needed to advance major projects and capture donor engagement.
- Prepare briefings, PowerPoint presentations, concept narratives and other data informed materials for peer and leadership review
- Proof and edit external facing documents (emails and formal correspondence such as thank you letters, etc.)
- Enter and maintain donor contact, visit, engagement, and gift information in Salesforce
- Pull and analyze donor data, and gift activity reports, etc., from sources such as Salesforce, the Donor Data Portal and Power BI (training provided)
- Source and enter contact information for key donor prospects and maintain accurate data and contact information on behalf of the Sr. Director and cohort.
- Advanced skills in Excel, including pivot tables/reports, macros/formulas and VBAs
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, including: inserting charts, graphs, audio, video, animation, and sound effects, and strong editing skills etc.
- Experience in business growth and development, research, legal/regulatory affairs, marketing, communication, or related background.
- Other qualities: Attention to detail, strong technical writing ability, intellectual curiosity, personal agility and a willingness to pivot, without notice, to other projects, particularly during times of disaster, diplomacy and discretion in matters involving sensitive donor information and/or negotiations.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
1 year, renewable
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 13, 2022
- Business Development
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Variable, Ideally between (7 to 21 hrs per week)