Volunteer Social Media Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Humankind Charity
Could you use your digital marketing and social media skills to help one of our recovery services to increase it's social media presence and reach?
Lewisham Primary Care Recovery Service (PCRS) provides a drug and alcohol treatment recovery-orientated service, offering medication assisted treatment alongside psychosocial interventions for people living in Lewisham.
We would love to involve a volunteer to help increase social media presence and engagement, generate content and also to help promote existing activities. The initial focus would be the service’s Twitter and Facebook pages. We can provide insight and experience in the field of social media marketing for a charity, and support you in your own goals.
This role can be undertaken remotely and with flexible timings.
Please note, as this role will be partially or fully remotely undertaken we'd need to check with you that you can access the internet /have enough mobile data as we want to ensure no one is out of pocket from volunteering.
Please note: If the Volunteer did want to be involved with the service face-to-face, this would be subject to evidence of 2 Covid-19 vaccinations, due to recent new government legislation regarding the health and social care sector.
Details of the role:
- Engage with staff, service users and volunteers to gather content, quotes and stories to be shared on social media. This could involve attending online group sessions or meetings, following nationwide Humankind accounts to share relevant content on local platforms, and researching relevant local organisations / networks / initiatives.
- Support with the design of this content, using templates and brand guidelines.
- Helping to promote the activities of the service
- Adhering to data protection, safeguarding, media consent and brand guidelines
- Having regular catch-ups with a supervising member of staff to evaluate progress
Personal qualities / Experience
We would love you to bring to this role:
- Experience using social media platforms to increase engagement, and generating content
- An interest in / willingness to learn about recovery and substance misuse services
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance.
- Respectful and non-judgemental towards service users and team
- Able to commit to volunteering regularly (though flexible when that would be)
What Volunteers Can Expect From Us:
- Regular supervision and support
- Induction and access to online and face to face training (when face-to-face training can resume)
- To gain experience of the charity sector and an opportunity to practice your skills
- To feel part of a team and the wider Humankind organisation
- Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey (there may not be a need to travel for this role)
- Opportunities to progress and experience other areas of Humankind's work in the region, including the Marketing and Comms team.
- Our workplace values are:Honest: we are open and realistic, building trusted relationships in which we challenge, collaborate and change.
- Committed: we are passionate about being the best that we can be, and we do this by keeping people at the heart of everything that we do.
- Inventive: we are ambitious, drawing together skills and resources to innovate and adapt in determined pursuit of our mission.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Inspiration House, Unit 22Bowburn North Industrial EstateBowburn, DH6 5PFUnited Kingdom
January 13, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK