Save Car-Free JFK Drive
Please visit the new page to apply.
We need your help to mobilize support for a permanent 100% car-free JFK Drive for everyone. Our goal is to get 10,000+ postcards to Supervisors signed by mid-February, plus have dozens of schools, businesses, and organizations send official letters of support to Supervisors and the Mayor. We also want car-free JFK signs in windows across the city!
WE CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU. So please sign up to help however you can! Opportunities include:
- Going out to JFK Drive with a team of volunteers to get people to sign postcards to their Supervisors.
- Getting a stack of postcards for neighbors and friends to sign.
- Asking a business, school, or group you have a relationship with to write an official letter of support.
- Requesting a sign to hang in your street-facing window.
- Helping out with remote data entry.
- Donating to the campaign.
GET INVOLVED NOW!
- 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- afternoon / 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About WALK SAN FRANCISCO FOUNDATION
333 HAYES ST STE 202, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102, US
San Francisco can and should be the safest, most walkable city in the United States. Yet every day, at least 3 people on average are hit while walking in our city. Walk San Francisco exists to change this. We want nothing less than to make San Francisco the most pedestrian-friendly city in the United States.
In all that we do, we work with all kinds of people who are interested in winning safer streets including: community, nonprofit, and advocacy groups; our members; businesses; and more. Our goal is to empower those we work with to advocate using their own voices and narratives, and to magnify individual voices through coordinated action.
Walker by walker, and also community by community, people in San Francisco are bound by neighborhood proximity, cultural affinity, shared disabilities, age, economic standing, dedication to sustainable mobility, or being related to someone who has been killed or seriously injured in a crash.
Walk SF is dedicated to bringing the voices of all its constituencies directly to the table so individuals, communities, and groups speak for themselves, equipped with the tools and knowledge needed to be successful in advancing their interests. While Walk SF values self-advocacy, it also works to bridge the sometimes divergent needs of individuals, communities, and/or groups into a holistic solution.
Golden Gate ParkJFK Drive, in front of Peacock MeadowSan Francisco, CA 94117
January 12, 2022
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Shifts available: Sat. Jan. 15: 10AM – 1PM Sun. Jan. 16: 10AM – 1PM Sun. Jan. 16: 1PM -4PM Mon. Jan. 17 (MLK Day): 1:30PM – 4:30PM Th. Jan. 20: 9AM – 12PM Sat. Jan. 22: 10AM – 1PM Sun. Jan. 23: 10AM – 1PM Tues. Jan. 25: 10AM – 1PM + more!