Special Olympics is searching for a Volunteer Coordinator for Great Falls area
Please visit the new page to apply.
Special Olympics Montana in Great Falls and the surrounding area is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to invite others in their community to participate in the joy-inspiring experience of volunteering with Special Olympics.
The Volunteer Coordinator supports the work of the Area Management Team (AMT) and the progress of athletes by recruiting and managing volunteers for competition opportunities and special events at the local area level. The Volunteer Coordinator promotes volunteerism with SOMT and the local area through effective communication to/from volunteers and dedication to the mission of Special Olympics Montana.
- Volunteer Recruitment: With the assistance of AMT members and games planning committees, identify volunteer needs, create recruitment messages and implement recruitment tactics.
- Volunteer Screening: Guide potential Class A volunteers through the application process, conduct interview and review candidates with AMT and games planning committee prior to engagement.
- Orientation & Training: Review Volunteer Handbook with all Class A Volunteers and connect volunteers with appropriate training opportunities with SOMT staff, AMT members, online resources, and other volunteers.
- Meetings: Attend monthly AMT meetings as well as all Area Games committee meetings as needed.
Click "I want to help" or contact Outreach Director, Nancy Undercofler, at 406-564-0522 for more information.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Multiple locations Great Falls, MT 59401
January 12, 2022
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- It depends on the season.
- Class A Volunteer Paperwork is required.