NHQ:VS - Engagement & Client Support - Volunteer Engagement Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Purpose This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Volunteer Services (VS) Department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position. The Volunteer Engagement Lead is responsible for overseeing âThe Volunteer Experienceâ for volunteers serving in the NHQ VS department. They provide consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships and effective ongoing volunteer engagement. They also support the quarterly volunteer needs assessment, running regular reports, reviewing volunteer engagement data and data cleanup in Volunteer Connection.
- Consults with NHQ VS Units on position on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development
- Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement
- Follows up with volunteers and units to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction
- Consults with units regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting units in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers
- Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other departments, or to the volunteer’s local Region
- Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related issues
- Leads ongoing discussions with requesting units about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned
- Conducts exit interviews
- Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection
- Provides support to NHQ VS Units with volunteer interviews as needed
- Provides support to units with Global GroupShare and Global Shift Tool requests and questions as needed
- Supports quarterly volunteer needs assessment meetings and completes necessary follow up
- Runs regular volunteer engagement report, reviews data and shares trends with NHQ VS Units
- Supports Volunteer Connection data cleanup projects
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs, required
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations, required
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences, required Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and the Volunteer Recruitment and Engagement Cycle, required
- Work well both individually and with others, required Experience with relationship management and/or working collaboratively across teams, required
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience, required
- Availability during business hours Eastern Time, required
- Experience using administrative functions in Volunteer Connection (such as Opportunity Queue, Query Tool, Shift Tool Manager, or Position Manager), required
- Experience utilizing Excel filters and formulas, required
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 12, 2022
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Resource Development / Management
- Approximately 10- 20 hours per week, during business hours.