Cedar Rapids West- Help with Donor Registration & Refreshments
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
Greet blood donors and register donors into the computer. Schedule donors for their next appointment.
Volunteers Needed to cover registration 2nd, 3rd, 4th Thursday/ Mo. 12p-4p or 4p-7p
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Mask Required
- Responsible for initial greeting of the donor and welcoming them to the center
- Responsible to verify the donor schedule and accurate identification, notify supervisor of deviations from norm. Schedule donors for their next donation appointment
- Assist staff with maintaining steady, efficient donor flow
- Responsible for conducting duties as indicated in the standard operating procedures
- Oversee the Canteen area when not registering donors. Try to ensure that donors are OK post donation and have a snack.
- Thank Donors when they leave
About Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
5500 Lakeview Parkway, Davenport, IA 52807, US
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Vision: Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood related service to enhance patients' lives. Mission: Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
The Blood Center is a volunteer-based organization that involves volunteer blood donors, a voluntary board of trustees, and community volunteers. Volunteers provide a much needed and valued service to our donors, patients and staff. We serve over 115 hospitals in 4 states and utilize volunteers from many areas to assist in our operations. Headquarters for the organization, as well as component processing, is located in Davenport, Iowa.