Volunteers to support hospice patients and their families
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereGreater Danbury AreaDanbury, CT 06810
Family Support Volunteers provide support and companionship for the patients and families of Regional Hospice of Western CT. Volunteers might: visit with a patient to give some respite time to the caregiver; drive the patient to an appointment; bring the patient out for a drive, a cup of coffee, some ice cream, or a ride around a lake; run errands; do grocery shopping; plant some flowers; read the newspaper or a favorite book; drop off a home-cooked meal for the family; whatever the need, we try to fill it!
Volunteers visit our patients in their homes, in skilled nursing facilities, in assisted living facilities, or in our new in-patient hospice facility, the Center for Comfort Care & Healing. Some volunteers feel more comfortable in one setting, others are comfortable in any setting. The choice of location, time, type of activity, and distance from home is agreed upon between the volunteer and the Volunteer Coordinator.
Night & Weekend Opportunities Also Available.
- Hospice Care
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Mandatory training then timing is flexible
- 24 Hour training course.
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Partners - Hospice Volunteers
- Food Service Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Fundraising ("Chapter") Volunteers
- Volunteers to support hospice...
- Hospice Family Support Volunteer
- Reiki / Therapeutic Touch
- Community Bereavement Volunteer
- Regional Hospice Volunteer...
- NEW HAVEN AREA - Hospice Family...
- Bereavement Facilitator -...
- Lobby Greeters