The Cranston Senior Center and its Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
Announce a new and exciting volunteer opportunity:
Homeland Security Shelter Management Program
The mission of the Cranston RSVP Shelter Management Program is to harness the power of senior citizens in the City of Cranston, Rhode Island through education, training, and volunteer service to make our community safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues, and disasters of any kind.
This mission is accomplished through community-based programs that build on our strengths and implement plans for our citizens to participate through:
Personal Responsibility: Developing household preparedness plans and disaster supplies kits.
Training: Taking classes in emergency preparedness, response capabilities, first aid, CPR/AED.
Volunteer Service: Engaging in volunteer activities that support first responders, disaster relief groups, and community safety organizations such as serving as a volunteer at a shelter.
The goals of the RSVP Shelter Management Program are:
- To recruit and train a total of 50 senior volunteers.
- To maintain team readiness through ongoing training and meetings.
- To gain and maintain acknowledgement and respect from area first responders and residents.
- To maintain professionalism in all areas within the scope of the program.
- To focus great effort in maintaining the safety, of ourselves, team members and all other victims or rescuers.
- To make the RSVP Shelter Management Program one of the top 3 in the state.
For more information call Frank Murga at 401-780-6178 or David A. Quiroa at 401-780-6180.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55