4 people are interested
Competitive Swim Practice Assistants Needed!
ORGANIZATION: Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Courage Kenny's (CKRI) adaptive swim team, the Blizzards, is a competitive team for athletes with all different abilities and disabilities. Our goal is to provide opportunities for athletes to improve their skills, build their endurance, and grow while learning new techniques within a positive environment. Athletes compete in meets all over the state and country that are sectioned by USA MN Swimming and Move United.
Volunteer Description- Practice Assist
Practice assistants will help the head coach guide practices by facilitating the workouts and providing positive feedback to the athletes in their lane. There will be one to two athletes in each lane that the volunteer will be working with each week.
- Volunteers must have experience in competitive swimming.
- Volunteers must have knowledge of all 4 strokes (Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Butterfly)
- Please commit to at least 6 out of the 10 weeks of practice. If you cannot commit to 6, but still want to volunteer, you can be put on our sub list.
- All volunteers are required to have proof of COVID and Fluvaccine to volunteer.
About Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
3915 Golden Valley Road, Minneapolis, MN 55422, US
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institution (formerly Courage Center) maximizes quality of life for people of all ages and all abilities. we help people achieve health and wellness by offering excellent services, innovative programs, ground-breaking research and barrier-shattering advocacy
Our Vision: We are guided by our vision that one day all people will live, work, learn and play in a community based on abilities, not disabilities.
- Clients and Patients as Partners
- Integrating Mind, Body and Spirit
- Quality and Innovation
- The Generous Spirit
- Financial Stewardship
We have opportunities for individual volunteers beginning at age 15 as well as group opportunities. Please, contact us for further information.
2115 Summit AvenueSaint Paul, MN 55105
November 28, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours a week for the duration of the season (season lasts 10 weeks). Minimum commitment: must attend at least 6 out of the 10 weeks.
- Experience with swim, competitive swim, triathlon, or other related experience. Proof of COVID and Flu vaccine required.