Please visit the new page to apply.
Because Million Little is a small organization, volunteers can join a core team that works together to achieve the organization's mission. In order to heal and empower children and communities we seek individuals who are humble, curious, and eager to learn. Volunteers must exemplify Million Little’s core values of Creativity, Relationship, Environments, Acceptance, Trust, and Empowerment. This role directly contributes to Million Little's vision and mission to break the cycle of trauma and incarceration using the healing power of creativity.
The marketing volunteer is an unpaid virtual and/or in-person volunteer position. This role will assist with marketing efforts to increase brand awareness, elevate our children’s voices and stories, and ultimately grow our community engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Use social media platforms to increase our organization’s visibility.
* Develop creative and engaging digital arts contents/projects that will support Million Little’s initiatives and programs.
* Write youth program stories and generate social media material to engage and champion our youth's voices through creativity and digital storytelling.
* Assist in developing marketing strategies and other tasks as needed.
* Hands-on experience with Instagram, Linkedin, and other social media platforms with a good understanding of how to leverage these tools to build greater visibility.
* Experience in graphic design, digital production, film editing and other forms of arts.
* Experience in using Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and other editing tools to work on digital arts projects.
* Writes clearly, accurately, and concisely; excellent communicator.
* Works well independently and proactively as part of a team.
* Nonprofit experience is a plus.
* Believes in the strengths-based model for youth development and truly passionate about utilizing creativity for empowerment and the population Million Little serves.
Please fill out our volunteer application online: https://www.millionlittle.com/how-to-help/volunteer-application , and send us your resume or CV. If for some reason, your position requires you to be in direct contact with our children, a personal background check (Live Scan) will be required.
Our volunteers are highly valued members of the Million Little team and contribute to making a significant difference in the successful execution of Million Little's mission.
About MILLION LITTLE
25050 Avenue Kearny #105, Valencia, CA 91355, US
Million Little is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that empowers and supports the healing process of children and their families who have experienced trauma through the power of creativity. Incarcerated teens, foster youth, those in poverty and those suffering from violence/adversity are all part of the population that Million Little serves.
Million Little delivers therapeutic arts programming, youth resources, educational workshops and trainings as a means to support the healthy social and emotional development and healing process of at-risk children and families in Los Angeles County and beyond.
25050 Avenue Kearny Suite 105Valenica, CA 91355
January 10, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Technical Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- * A minimum of 6-month to one year commitment. * An average of 2-4 hours per week.