Eden Hospice Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Becoming an Eden Health Hospice Volunteer is the opportunity to give back. To lend a hand and a listening ear at a time of great need. An opportunity to make a lasting impact. Spending time reflecting on our own values and perspectives helps us to understand, appreciate , and celebrate the wisdom that often comes with life experience. Whether it’s through sharing life lessons, a funny story, or skill, we all have something to offer those around us.Eden Health Volunteers assist in meeting the physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological needs to Eden Hospice patients and their families, or assists in the office in areas of indirect care. Volunteers shall support and reinforce the philosophy of the Eden Hospice Program. The Volunteer provides a wide variety of supportive services that assist the patient in improving their quality of life.
1. Provide the patient with companionship.
2. Provide respite for family members or other primary caregiver.
3. Be a caring, compassionate, and empathetic person who can support the hospice philosophy and care plan.
4. Be able to provide psycho social, emotional, and spiritual support by compassionate presence in the home or facility, listening, and by other means which might be indicated and appropriate on an individual basis.
5. Assist the caregiver with light housekeeping, errands, and shopping.
6. Be willing to contact the bereaved survivor after the death of the patient by attending the funeral or memorial service and by personal visits, telephone calls, and written notes as appropriate.
7. Provide feedback to the interdisciplinary team via report to the Volunteer Coordinator or designee regarding patient and family needs and coping.
8. Keep written record of patient related activities and Eden Hospice functions, such as training's, memorials, etc.
9. Support and reinforce the role and functions of the interdisciplinary team when in contact with the patient and family.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Hospice Volunteer training with Eden Hospice or other adequate Hospice training.
2. Ability work with people of various religious faiths and cultures.
3. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
4. Nonjudgmental, sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.
INQUIRE TODAY TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Eden Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. (Job ID#1835)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Eden Hospice of Whatcom County
316 E McLeod St, Unit 101, Bellingham, WA 98226, US
EmpRes Healthcare Management, LLC is a 100% Employee Owned family of companies providing management and consulting services to rehabilitation and post-acute care centers, assisted and independent living communities, and home health, hospice, and home care agencies throughout Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, and Wyoming. The moment you enter an EmpRes center, you become part of our family. We recognize the importance of caring for others, and we consider it a privilege. We are committed to addressing your specific needs, providing hands-on care and services, helping families through tough situations, and supporting our fellow employees. We listen, build relationships, and go out of our way to create meaningful experiences throughout our continuum of care.
Our values are the cornerstones of the relationships we work to build, and are reflected in our community culture. We are proud of the services we offer, but even more important than what we do is how we do it. At EmpRes, we want our residents and their families to feel cared for and supported. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of care with integrity, dedication, and empathy. That’s why we call it The EmpRes Difference.
316 McLeod Road Ste 101Bellingham, WA 98226
January 10, 2022
- Elder care
- Office Reception
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to your personal schedule.