6 people are interested
School Partnerships: Calling Educators, Principals, Administrators & Decision-Makers in Education
ORGANIZATION: Minds Beyond Measure
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), a nonprofit, strives to inspire purpose and passion, to empower and cultivate great minds in children, youth and teachers to improve educational outcomes in New York and developing countries.Background of our Organization
Minds Beyond Measure (MBM), is a nonprofit, newly established in 2019. It was birthed from the founder's traveling experiences and living abroad across Asia, and seeing a lack of educational resources and the lack of access to education in some very impoverished communities. The journey included training teachers, teaching children and youth, visiting rural schools with limited or no resources, experiencing children and youth who were hungry for small things, often taken for granted in the Western world, such as pencils and paper to write and books to read. This experience then evolved into a passion to serve the underserved, at risk and provide access to quality education for both teachers and students through pathways that inspire for life. This is when MBM was born.Role Overview
Are you a current or former educator, administrator, parent coordinator or involved in education in some way, and would you love to be a part of creating positive impact across NYC schools?
We would love your support in helping us connect to schools in underserved communities (in particular, Title 1 schools), to make lasting impact on teachers and students.
We’re looking for volunteers who can support us in our outreach to schools across NYC and help us grow our footprint and turn MBM into a nationally recognized and sought after non-profit to deliver teacher coaching and professional development and mentorship programs to children and youth through our Creative Arts programs, in underserved communities.
You can help us by reaching out to your school connections and networks, and most importantly, you will help us move toward our goal of inspiring and empowering students and teachers in underserved communities across New York.Job Duties and Tasks
The position entails three main tasks:
- Outreach: Share our vision, mission and programs with your school or community connections
- Collaborate: With senior leadership to create a strategy for outreach and prioritize school/community outreach activities to meet school goals, and assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to form partnerships
- Planning: Assist with the planning and coordinating of meetings with decision-makers for the CEO to present a pitch to a school.
About Minds Beyond Measure
West 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, US
Minds Beyond Measures (MBM) mission is to partner with schools and organizations around the world, to promote access to educational equity, and to inspire and empower teachers and young people, through Creative Arts and Cultural Competency Programs, Transformational Coaching and Professional Development, all while cultivating great Minds Beyond Measure.
MBM's mission, to inspire and empower young people and educators while cultivating minds beyond measure, is accomplished through focusing on three pathways that use a sustainable model which supports individual transformation and organizational change:
1) Supporting educators and leaders through transformational coaching, professional development and teacher training, to develop sustainable and effective pedagogical practices, improve the quality of teaching and in turn, improve student outcomes.
2) Mentoring children and youth through Creative Arts and Cultural Competency programs to foster holistic growth and development, and nurture social, emotional and cognitive well-being.
3) Bridging the educational gap that exists in underserved communities across New York City and beyond, as well as impoverished nations around the world, through providing teacher training, professional development, children and youth development programs and educational resources, to provide all students with equitable access to education.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 10, 2023
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per month