1 person is interested
Structured Dog Walker
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Structured-Walk Dog Walker
Pet Haven is committed to helping the animals who are most at risk in shelters around the state and this is often dogs who have a history of reactivity. These dogs are often insecure and anxious but often confused as "aggressive" when in reality they are just seeking stability and structure in what has been a chaotic life for them thus far. Our foster homes do amazing work, providing round the clock care and training to our program animals and the very important role of structured-walk dog walker gives those amazing foster parents a short break from the workload of taking on a misunderstood pup
- Willing to learn and follow Jentle Method slip lead walking while taking foster dogs on structured walks
- Take current foster program dogs out on a walk for 30-90 minutes on whatever schedule is worked out between the dog's foster parent and the structured-walk dog walker volunteer.
- Candidates will be required to attend one of three available late October structured-walk training sessions (this free class is 2 hours long) and upon completion will be provided a Pet Haven slip lead to use for all Pet Haven dog walking sessions.
- Care for the foster dog while on your walks in a manner prescribed by Pet Haven policy and procedures
- Communicate in a professional manner the mission, vision and values of Pet Haven to assigned foster homes, other volunteers, and the public
About Pet Haven Inc of Minnesota
PO Box 19105, Minneapolis, MN 55419, US
Pet Haven Inc. of Minnesota [a 501(c)(3) charitable organization] rescues and re-homes cats and dogs, spays and neuters to reduce overpopulation, promotes responsible guardianship through educational programs, and advocates on behalf of companion animals.
Pet Haven operates an adoption program for homeless cats and dogs. We use a network of volunteer foster homes to care for the animals in our adoption program. The cats and dogs receive thorough veterinary care including a spay/neuter, their needs are assessed by the foster homes, and then suitable permanent homes are found for them. Pet Haven carefully screens all adoptive homes and charges adoption fees for the cats and dogs placed through our program.Pet Haven was founded in 1952. We are an all-volunteer organization. We do not have a shelter. All animals are cared for in our foster homes. We are a limited admission foster-based rescue and actively promote spaying & neutering to reduce companion animal overpopulation.
Pet Haven Inc. of Minnesota's vision is to be a rewarding place to volunteer, to find a quality home for each animal, to encourage a community of responsible companion animal guardians, to eliminate the community's need to euthanize dogs and cats as a means of population control, and to encourage a society where animals become more valued.
Multiple locations Minneapolis, MN 55419
January 10, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 18
- 2 Hours per week
- Comfortable with dogs that may have behavioral issues that are being addressed in rescue, comfortable with dogs of all sizes and breeds.