7 people are interested
iLAB Volunteer Mentors
ORGANIZATION: Dakota County
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
iLABS are Dakota County Library’s Makerspaces that offer technology such as 3D Printers, sewing machines, video production, audio production and more, free of charge to the public.
iLAB Volunteer Mentors work one-on-one with customers, assisting with creative and technical projects that use iLAB equipment and software.
Galaxie Library - Apple Valley
Heritage Library - Lakeville
Pleasant Hill Library - Hastings
Wescott Library - Eagan
Flexible, Volunteer and Library identifies a recurring day and time they will be available
Duties & Responsibilities
- Share specialized skills related to one or more pieces of Maker equipment or software used in the iLab such as quilting, sound mixing, or graphic design.
- Assist customers with their specific creative or technical projects related to iLAB equipment.
- Connect customers with library staff when library information resources are needed.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must satisfactorily complete an interview and criminal background check process.
- Must provide own transportation to and from the library.
- Must demonstrate proficiency at an intermediate or advanced skill in the technology mentorship area.
- Must complete a background check with Dakota County (if applicable).
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with customers of all ages and from diverse backgrounds.
- Patience, creativity, and willingness to help customers learn and solve technical problems.
Minimum Time Commitment
Ability to commit to one or more 2-3 hour sessions during a quarter (3 months) with the opportunity to re-commit.
Mild.May include walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Periods of standing or sitting will be required. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Volunteers will receive basic iLAB training before they start which will include an overview of the reservation system and resources for learning about equipment and software. Training will also include guidelines for teaching and mentoring in a library setting, as well as expectations for safety, conduct, and communication.
Adult Services Manager
Dakota County Library
1340 Wescott Rd, Eagan, MN 55123
About Dakota County
1590 Highway 55, Hastings, MN 55033, US
Building stronger communities through empowered volunteers.
Looking to lend a hand? We'd be happy to have you! Our volunteer opportunities run the gamut. Enhance the environment, influence struggling youth, encourage lifelong learning and so much more. The time you commit is in your control. Dive into a daylong event, volunteer in a monthslong program or help us out for years to come. No matter what you choose, you'll be building a better community. So go ahead, pick you passion and start feeling food about giving back.
Multiple locations Saint Paul, MN 55123
November 30, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Video Production
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Ability to commit to one or more 2-3 hour sessions during a quarter (3 months) with the opportunity to re-commit.