Middle School Youth Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
To provide resource and care for Wycliffe missionaries and their families at JAARS, in the US and globally. To Increase missionary longevity and prepare the next generation of Christian leaders. This will result in better transitions, increased member retention and increased mobilization.
- Prepare lessons for Friday night youth groups and teach those to the Middle School Leadership Team; also responsible for Child Safety approved chaperones for each night
- Direct special programs/events during the year, which may include the Middle School Campout (Fall) and Christmas Party (Dec); assist with Hands and Feet Week (Spring Break)
- Direct and lead the Middle School Worship Team
- Disciple/mentor the Middle School Leadership Team
- Spend time regularly face to face with students outside of normal youth programs; this would include having lunch with them at school, taking them out for coffee/ice cream and/or attending their extracurricular activities
- Be available for students and parents to set up appointments to talk about issues needing pastoral counseling and refer those who need clinical help to the JAARS counseling office
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- An understanding of third-culture kids (TCKs) and their needs
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
January 10, 2022
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check