Grant Team Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Grant Team Volunteer
This is an opportunity to be a part of a fun group of people who are passionate about BCAUSEICAN's mission to equip youth in underserved communities with the knowledge and skills today to prevent socioeconomic disparities in the next generation. This will be a part time, remote, volunteer position with variable hours. Approximately 2-4 hours a week. The position will start in mid-January.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to get along well with others and be a team player.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. familiar with applications such as email, Adobe, Word, Excel, or similar.)
- Experience with Google Drive and Google apps (i.e. Google Sheets, Google Docs) or the ability to learn.
- Experience writing grants or with the grant writing process is appreciated but not required. We place more emphasis on having passion for our mission.
- 1-2 years work experience.
Duties will include:
- Learn about BCAUSEICAN’s history & mission.
- Learn about the grant writing process (if no previous experience).
- Become familiar with previous grants submitted with BCAUSEICAN.
- Search databases for potential grant opportunities.
- Assist Grant Program Manager in duties as needed.
- Have a passion for BCAUSEICAN’s mission.
- Track volunteer hours and report to Volunteer Coordinator monthly.
About BCAUSEICAN INC
7600 Ora Glen Dr #1003, Greenbelt, MD 20770, US
We take a holistic approach in providing instruction, advice and guidance to teen and preteen youth in underserved communities in order to promote physical, social, and fiscal health and growth.
BCAUSEICAN conducts computer literacy and financial literacy classes. The computer literacy classes focuses on developing the techniques and skills to support STEM by introducing students to the basics of coding. The computer literacy classes target youth from 6-12. The financial literacy classes focuses on stock market education. The students learn the terminology and concepts of the stock market and eventually learn to simulate day trading. The financial literacy classes target middle school to high school students. We have been conducting classes for 2 years in the SHAW Community in NW Washington, DC.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 15, 2022