Social Media Content Manager (Volunteer Role)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Girls Are Powerful
Girls Are Powerful (GRP) is launching its Mentor Program, which will bring together girls ages 8-17 of all races, cultures, and lived experiences to discover and embrace their identities and use their power to positively impact their communities. This program will connect groups of girls with Peer Mentors and Adult Mentors, who will guide participants through a three-year curriculum within a safe environment for sharing and growth. GRP will launch the program virtually in the fall of 2022.
The Social Media Content Manager will design and implement a social media content strategy with the goal of increasing overall reach and creating a positive brand image for GRP and its Mentor Program. Specifically, this role will use GRP’s social media outlets to promote campaigns, engage the public, and increase online presence for the Mentor Program. This volunteer position is 100% remote.
Time Commitment: Up to 20 hours per month, 1 Year Commitment* with an option to renew
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement the day-to-day social media strategy to align with non-profit and Mentor Program goals, which include:
- Managing and scheduling posts on all social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Executing social media marketing campaigns, programs, and promotions
- Leading social media content creation and posting GRP-appropriate content
- Maintain the shared team editorial calendar, working with the other social media volunteers to map out the daily posting cadence
- Monitor and engage with audiences across social media channels
- Monitor, analyze, and report results of social engagement (i.e KBIs)
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, design tools, and other technologies (i.e. formats, post optimizations, paid promotion, and scheduling)
- Use social media marketing tools such as Hootsuite
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Reflect Girls Are Powerful’s voice and tone in all communications
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position will possess all or most of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and other social media best practices
- Experience using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent multitasking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of web design, web development, CRO, and SEO
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong command of grammar and mechanics
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Positive, detail-oriented, and customer-focused, with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Degree in or pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or Liberal Arts
- Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media, or Public Relations knowledge is a plus
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Successful candidates will seek to provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure that the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers, and the community, with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community are essential for success in this role.
If you are interested in this volunteer role, please forward your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Saint Paul, MN 55128
January 9, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH