Weekday Driver | Transport Victims to Safety
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Families to FreedomFamilies to Freedom transports victims of domestic abuse to safety. This often means a short ride across Houston to get victims to a domestic violence shelter.
Spare a few hours of your day to help victims go from crisis to recovery after domestic violence! Pick up survivors from a safe pickup place (like a shelter, store, or hospital) and drive them to a safe destination like a shelter or family's home.
Weekday daytime volunteer drivers are in high demand!
- You can choose to accept or decline a drive - no pressure!
- We arrange survivor pick-ups in a safe public place - usually in or near the Houston area
- Many of our survivors travel with children - we prepare car seats so you don't have to
- Families to Freedom provides the vehicle (or use your own) and covers all travel costs!
We need volunteers aged 21+ with a good driving record and clean criminal background.
COVID-19: Masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer available to help protect against the virus.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6200 Savoy DriveHouston, TX 77036
January 8, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK