Women's Empowerment Coordinator Position in a Beautiful Beach town in Bahia, Brazil
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: ETIV do Brasil
ETIV do Brasil is looking for a Women’s Empowerment Coordinator who will actually take the lead on helping us build and manage a new women's empowerment project from the ground up. The Coordinator will be working with the support of of the Director and/or the Assistant Director, and will receive supervision and trainings at least once every two weeks.
Most likely, the women will be interested in participating in training and skill building activities that will help them earn more money so that they can provide a better living standard for themselves and their families. This may include anything that truly interests them, from arts and crafts like greeting cards, to sewing and creating candles, purses or bags. In addition, this could also include experimenting and making natural products or food items with the women like candles, natural soaps, growing organic lettuces, making natural yogurt, coconut oil and more. We want to be open to support the interests and passions of both the women and our volunteers, but we also want to link some of these projects with our environmental work, ensuring that all the projects we support are also eco-friendly and sustainable. It would be fantastic, for example, to make profitable products out of reused recyclables or natural and sustainable materials.
- To build positive relationships within the community, mainly by meeting with local women to better understand their stories, hopes and concerns for themselves, their families and their community.
- To organize regular meetings with the women (at least twice a month) bringing women together who share similar hopes and concerns and are interested and willing to work together towards positive change.
- To help the women focus on things they can do to positively impact their lives and that of their families and the community, while it is imperative that we help them create goals that are actually obtainable or winnable.
- At least an intermediate level of Portuguese
- 3 months minimum and 4 to 6 months time commitment preferred for all coordinators (however we do welcome applications for Women's Empowerment volunteers/interns that can only stay 1-3 months)
- Strong leadership, social and organizational skills.
- Patience, flexibility and punctuality.
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Travessa Magali,60Itacaré, 45530-000Brazil
January 8, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME