Mentorship Program Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Hire MI Vet
The Hire MI Vet (HMV) Mentorship Program provides individualized career readiness support for Veterans, focusing on resumes, cover letters, networking, interviewing, elevator speech, and job search assistance. This volunteer position will consist of leading a team of professional mentors that create/update resumes for Veterans in south-eastern Michigan and north-west Ohio areas. Military skills and experience need to be translated into a civilian resume.
Currently, HMV has 15 active mentees divided between 6 mentors. Due to Covid-19, the work will be conducted with the Veteran virtually.
Expectations for Program Lead
- Provide services under the perspective of unconditional positive regard
- Will follow established guidelines of the mentorship program
- Lead monthly Zoom meetings for mentors
- Be committed to the Hire MI Vet mission to assist Veterans in gaining meaningful employment
- Are not expected to be experts, but do have direct experience with Veterans and/or job preparation to the point to which they can confidently provide accurate service
- Partner with HMV Co-chairs
- Manage the administrative tasks related to the intake of Veterans
- Liaison between Veterans and mentors
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 8192Ann Arbor, MI 48107
January 8, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK