Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: New Eyes for the Needy
New Eyes for the Needy (New Eyes) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization founded in 1932 to improve the vision of the poor.
New Eyes purchases new prescription eyeglasses for children and adults in the United States who cannot afford glasses on their own.
We operate with a small staff and dedicated volunteer corps and are overseen by a board of trustees. The paid staff consists of an Executive director, a Director of Business Development, a Director of eCommerce, and two part-time u. S. Program coordinators. This roll will work directly with our eCommerce Director.
To reduce the reliance on fundraising, New Eyes is opening an eCommerce store to sell eyewear to the general public. All the proceeds from the store will go to support our mission. This is an ambitious and innovative project. While others are already donating a portion of their proceeds to support adjacent charities, we are the first to start our own shop online.
We are looking for a self-starting, innovative, creative Digital Designer to assist us in bringing this vision to life. This is a 2-3 month part time opportunity that can be done remotely (while working EST hours).
· Develop brand identity via colors, fonts, font sizes, etc.
· Help select Shopify template
· Determine material design, layout, and formatting of a new website
· Create visual design for email newsletters, receipts
· Create templates for display advertisements
· Knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS
· Knowledge of email development and best practices
· Working knowledge of Microsoft: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Experience in Shopify is a plus
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
549 Millburn AvenueShort Hills, NJ 07078
January 8, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK