Student Engagement Specialist AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Alpine Achievers Initiative
Alpine Achievers Initiative (AAI) inspires, connects and nurtures youth, families, and communities in south central Colorado. AmeriCorps members support local youth, age pre-k through high school, through academic interventions and extracurricular programming as Student Engagement Specialists. Member positions vary widely based on the needs of the site where the position is located (8 communities throughout South- Central Colorado). Some positions focus on academic interventions, some focus on extracurricular programming, and some positions are a mix of in-school and out-of-school activities. All programs are in direct service with youth. AmeriCorps members are encouraged to connect with and support students both academically and socially/emotionally with the help of their program manager and site supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Age 18-25
- A high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Ability to pass a federal, state and National Sex Offender background checks.
- Proof of vaccination card for the Coronavirus or medical reason for exemption written by a doctor or medical professional
- Ability to act as a positive role model.
- Commitment to ethics of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Maintain a positive and professional leadership role when supporting youth.
- Ability to create safe spaces and structured interventions and programs for youth.
- Willingness to learn and adapt and accept feedback from staff
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Participate in professional development training and AmeriCorps cohort activities as required by Alpine Achievers Initiative.
- Professionally represent AmeriCorps and Alpine Achievers Initiative when serving with students, community members and partners.
- Incorporate positive youth development principles into everyday service.
- Lesson planning, behavior management, curriculum development, risk management.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
126 Adams StreetMonte Vista, CO 81144
January 7, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME