Graphics Designer (Corporate)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Reporting to our Sr. Manager - Corporate Marketing, you will collaborate with the department’s teams to craft high-quality visuals by seamlessly creating, manipulating, and weaving together icons, typography, color and space to ensure all marketing content and materials are both beautiful and accessible. Ultimately, your graphic design work will help to inform, engage and inspire our audiences. You’ll maintain brand’s visual standards across platforms, while supporting our world-class marketing, social, journalistic and data-focused research content.
- Producing visuals across all digital and print properties including logos, websites, social platforms, newsletters, videos and printed materials.
- Editing photos, designing online ads and laying out artwork for articles, blog posts and reports.
- Producing data-driven graphics and animations (from charts to infographics).
- Creating graphics for engaging, on-brand PowerPoint presentations.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Fine Arts or other creative field (or relevant graphic design training).
- 2+ years of graphic design experience in a digital environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- A strong portfolio of work showing design across digital, social, and print platforms.
- Highly organized with the ability to clearly manage internal and external files.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and track multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables.
- Experience commissioning original artwork.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
January 7, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME