Crow Funding Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
OBJECTIVE: The post-holder will assist the Development & Fundraising Director in the promotion of a crowdfunding campaign, part of a capital fundraising campaign for all transformational projects of School Group.
To work with the marketing team to support the crowd funder, writing a strategy for the comms campaign with the aim of raising funds. Utilizing rewards that have been secured and implemented by the Director.
Championing the crowdfunding campaign as appropriate across the organization, collaborating with colleagues at all levels and empowering them as appropriate.
Manage and develop the campaign via the crowdfunding platform, sending timely updates and communications to donors, in conjunction with the Director.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in the advising, devising and implementation of the organization wide engagement activity covering PR, social, web, content, advertising, and email to ensure maximum value is delivered for the organization.
- Assist in developing content, assets and post engagement across key social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and through our e-newsletter comms
- Manage and maintain work planning and processes to ensure clarity of work priorities and traffic flow of activity from departments
- Assist the Marketing Manager in collaborating with key colleagues across the organization to develop a successful program of engagement activity engaging with key audiences within each business area - ensure that maximum benefit is delivered
- Work with the Digital Advertising Coordinator in the development and delivery of key digital advertising campaigns to ensure maximum benefit is delivered, making sure digital opportunities are exploited for our appeal
- Help the charity understand and adapt to the changing digital nature of supporter audiences and their behaviors
- Work with the Marketing Manager on the use of established engagement platforms, e.g., social media, blogging, digital advertising, content marketing, online payments, email marketing etc.
- Work with the team on the fulfilment of rewards and thanking donors following conclusion of the campaign
- Keep abreast of crowdfunding trends to inform activity
- Accountabilities also include a responsibility on behalf of the job holder to undertake any other duties that are relevant to the job as requested by the Director
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Knowledge of running a crowd funder campaign
- Knowledge of computer-based software and CMS experience
- Knowledge of writing for digital platforms (optimizing SEO), websites and e-communications.
- Knowledge of creating content for digital purposes including graphic & audio / visual assets
- Knowledge of digital marketing, key trends, and a basis of marketing knowledge
Skills & Experience
- Significant marketing experience across all channels
- Experience of promoting previous successful crowd funder campaigns
- Good writing style and ability to adapt to different tones.
- Proficiency with key social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) & an understanding of social media campaigns
- Good communicator
- Collaborative and engaging - used to working in organizations where teamwork and an agile approach to problem-solving are the norms
- Able to manage time, effort, and resources between short-term tactical opportunities versus medium/long-term strategic opportunities
- Ability to build strong working relationships across teams and within the wider organization.
- Deadline-driven and adept at balancing competing priorities and managing complexity.
- Good eye for design and detail
- Be prepared to roll-up sleeves and get 'stuck in’ when necessary. Responding to queries from donors at weekends and evenings if needed.
- Experience of using data to provide insights, using analytics to assess success or suggested changes.
- Experience of planning processes and templates e.g., Asana, Trello, Slack
- Flexible and adaptable - adjusts quickly to changing priorities or circumstances, drawing on experience but also willing to try innovative approaches to deliver solutions appropriate to the organization’s needs.
- Collaborative - works alongside others to develop solutions for the organization.
- Solutions focused - can identify problems, provide appropriate solutions, and make logical, timely decisions.
- Methodical and thorough - is well organized, paying diligence without losing sight of the wider picture.
- Confident but approachable - able to work independently with confidence and persistence, whilst demonstrating readiness to listen to others and contribute to a team approach.
- Decisive - capable of making timely, logical decisions.
- Credible - has the technical knowledge for their area to speak with authority, bringing their expertise for the benefit of the whole organization. Is assertive in raising their view but listens to others’ perspectives.
- Committed - commits to the objectives and values of the organization, including the need to support equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development, and community service -- and have the time, skills, and knowledge to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer with Us?
We are a community of people from various parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to display outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world if they can connect reliably to the internet.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
January 7, 2022